21 October 2013

First Snow

I sitting in my living room looking out the window at the canyon rolling away from me in bright yellows and oranges.  The sun is just beginning to go down and the tops of the trees are lit with fire.

We are having a girl.  I knew we would.  Knew it and hoped it. 
I am so, so happy.

Later, just a bit after the next year turns over,  we will welcome her.  Strange to have such a little one again in our house.  
There will still be snow here when she comes.  
It came to us for the first time this season about a week ago---came quickly with bursts of snowpant-pulling and wet mitten piles and left just as fast by the afternoon.  



Toward the end of the snow,  our tiny girl will come.
And then it will be spring.


4 Comments:

Blogger Inspiration Station said...

sarah, I am just thrilled for you that you're having a girl and in the spring! Congratulations.

21 October, 2013 19:16  
Blogger Mama Ash Grove said...

AGH! Sarah, I am so thrilled for you all!
HUGS

25 October, 2013 19:53  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a sweet, precious thing she'll be.

28 October, 2013 15:12  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

And, as a side note, I can't help but sit here and think that dreams and hopes and life work out...somehow. Not always how we want or when we want, but it does. It morphs -- like the seasons -- and all those things we thought about or imagined either come about or slip away. But, it's lovely -- just a couple of years ago we talked about all of these things, and your wish list totally happened.

28 October, 2013 15:14  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home