05 December 2012

Lately...

Scott took the kids on a 4-hour hike to the top of the mountain in back of our house.  They saw a herd of elk and made it home just as the light was fading.  I tracked them most of the way with binoculars from the back deck.

Loving Frog and Toad  :)

...and math!

Studying The War of 1812, The Star-Spangled Banner, and how Dolley Madison saved George Washington's portrait from the invading British army.  Oh, and eating chocolate chips!  

Making applesauce!  Lots of it!

In the past few weeks Ella has learned and committed to memory 18 arrangements of Christmas pieces in preparation for her studio's  series of Christmas concerts in retirement homes.  A feat I'm not sure I could accomplish with as much ease and grace.

And Ethan turned 6 and celebrated with a visit from Nana and a smashing Pirate party.  Argh! Mateys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home