Hands on Science
So, we have bunnies. What were going to be three turned into four as things worked out when we were buying them. But we were very specific that we were getting all girls. And we bought from breeders so, really, they should have known, yes?
Well, it seems that we have had a recent unplanned pregnancy in our house because this morning Ella came back into the kitchen where I was making breakfast and announced in a somewhat disbelieving voice "Mama, I think there are baby bunnies!".
WHAT?????!!!!!???!!!??
So the three kids and I suited up and tromped out to the garage where the bunnies live in their hutch during the winter. And sure enough, there in the nesting box were five little tiny hairless babies snuggled down in a patch of fur. Oh, my! I stood in utter and complete disbelief with a bit of panic mixed in. Afterall, what am to do with 5 baby bunnies? And it is cold out. And, and, and....
So, today's morning of school was interrupted with much googling and attempts to make sure everything was going well for Mama and babies.
Well, it seems that we have had a recent unplanned pregnancy in our house because this morning Ella came back into the kitchen where I was making breakfast and announced in a somewhat disbelieving voice "Mama, I think there are baby bunnies!".
WHAT?????!!!!!???!!!??
So the three kids and I suited up and tromped out to the garage where the bunnies live in their hutch during the winter. And sure enough, there in the nesting box were five little tiny hairless babies snuggled down in a patch of fur. Oh, my! I stood in utter and complete disbelief with a bit of panic mixed in. Afterall, what am to do with 5 baby bunnies? And it is cold out. And, and, and....
So, today's morning of school was interrupted with much googling and attempts to make sure everything was going well for Mama and babies.
What more can I say? This'll be quite the adventure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home