31 May 2011

After  what seems like weeks...months!....of rain we finally had a sunny day.  No photos.  But I spent a few hours in the garden.  Pulled out all the greens which had exploded with all the rain----we now have 8 bags of lettuce in the fridge plus one of chard and another of spinach----and put in tomatos and peppers, leeks, brussel sprouts, radishes and basil.  Thinned the turnips.  Trellised the peas (finally).  Added to our herb garden area:  lemon balm, rosemary, spearmint.  Tomorrow I get to put in some blackberry cuttings.  Our peony is about the bloom.  Roses are starting to show their color---still curled in on themselves.  The kids were building miniature houses for the fairies and ninjas, eating watermelon and popsicles and playing with friends.  Lots of versions of tag.  Swim team began this morning.  Summer vacation. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Ash Grove said...

sounds wonderful, Sarah! And soon, we'll see you!!!

04 June, 2011 07:40  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You always inspire me, Sarah.

I'm so glad that summer is poking its head out of Spring's clutches. ;)

06 June, 2011 16:23  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home