Whiting Canyon Winter Hike::Hipstamatic
It has been so balmy here. No snow. Temps in the 40s today!
So we decided to get some fresh air and altitude by hiking a nearby canyon.
The creek was open---ice just around the edges.
Quiet. Beautiful.
The kids threw rocks (into the creek) and snowballs (at each other) the whole way.
They were their typical selves on this hike.
Ethan tired first and was revived by a half a sandwich.
Ella was thoughtful and wanted to hold hands.
Asher came alive--his whole self exuding energy-- like he always does when he's "let loose" from normal life into the great big wild.
Certainly the skyscrapers are more lovely here. The mountains were jutting up on either side of us today.
The air is cleaner...and quieter.
The personal space bigger.
We miss the Chinese take-out, I guess.
We feel very lucky.




1 Comments:
I'm glad you don't live in NYC because we wouldn't have met. ;)
Selfish me, I know. ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home