27 April 2012

Farming and Fertilizer

OK, well, not quite farming but gardening.
We have sold our house. 
We have two offers in on short sales (loooong sales, really).
And so even though I love the house we're still in (renting) it does not belong to us anymore.
I have emotionally detached.
Hence, my plan was to skip the garden prep this spring.  Because we hope to any-day-now hear that we have another house. 
Another perfect, 1.5-acre, canyon-view home.
But as the days and weeks have passed I've looked out at our 3 neglected raised beds and thought about bunny poop and fresh lettuce.
One=the other.
And so I turned a bed, little bunny droppings mixing in to dark, rich loam.
Just itching, really, for some mesclun seeds.



I love raised beds. 

The best thing we did for our garden was to get these bunnies.
Rich soil, indeed.
I hope this lettuce-kale-chard planting will benefit the new owner and not us....because I really hope to move sooner rather than later.

These girls will come with us!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home