07 January 2008

No photos, but a great start!

A great start to our hsing winter term this morning.  Might I say perfect?  Might I spend the rest of the day thinking that each day ahead will be similar (!). 

We slept well.  We woke at "the allotted time" (I know how dorky this sounds...but it just happened.  And yes, I have an allotted "wake-up time" on my schedule).  I got to shower before Scott left for work (aka:  no fussing baby pulling at the shower curtain while I frantically lather and rinse), breakfast, read aloud (The Lorax), prayer, bye to Daddy.  School First Hour--Math and Journal/Spelling/and lots of intermittent dinosaur play with the boys.  Break for snack and more read aloud (The Gnome Book and Encyclopedia of Snakes).  School Second Hour was History--Middle Kingdom of Egypt, with map work and narration.  Then cleanup (John helped!) and outside for a super dramatic 1/2 hour of Scientists Explore and Observe the Arctic Tundra aka a walk around the block.  We brough home multiple orphaned white wolves and penguins, almost had our raft submerged by a giant orca and explored the ice-fields, stomping as we went.  Baby fell asleep and let me lay him down.  He is still sleeping 1.5 hours later (gasp! sigh!).  Lunch in which we had a lively chat about all things dragon and both kids went on excitedly about their own dragon friends and the adventures they had.  Then rest hour for them (no fussing!) in separate rooms with books and toys and music/stories on CD while I cleaned the kitchen, checked blogs and (!) wrote this.  I even folded some laundry (a feat in this house if done before 10pm!). 

Excuse me while I faint from happiness...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home