Thank you, Dad...
...for making lemon-honey-tea for me when I had a tickly throat 25+ years ago. My John has been coughing non-stop and just couldn't sleep tonight. So his Daddy ran out for lemons and honey and I made your "tea" for him. Now he's soundly sleeping.
The recipe:
2-3 lemons, juiced
equal parts water
honey to taste (lots of it!)
Warm in saucepan and serve. Sip slowly while puckering. Soothes coughs and sore throats quickly. A perfect before-bed remedy.
The recipe:
2-3 lemons, juiced
equal parts water
honey to taste (lots of it!)
Warm in saucepan and serve. Sip slowly while puckering. Soothes coughs and sore throats quickly. A perfect before-bed remedy.
Labels: Blogroll

2 Comments:
Oh, I'm bookmarking this. We have the beginnings of tickly throats all around. You are blessed to have pleasant memories to share with your Dad. :)
I make this same drink for my husband all the time. I can't get my kids to drink it yet but one day they will be giving it to their kids too. It is a great relief for that yucky throat.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home