03 September 2014

10,000 Maniacs Had It Right

Photo by Ethan (7)

These are days you'll remember.
.....the miracles you see in every hour.
You'll know it's true that you are blessed and lucky.


Asher in the yellow-bottomed cleats.  A few moments after this he made his first goal!

Miss Cate Yvette loves sitting in the grass with Papa!

Go Team Shockers!

First Day of School 2014-15:  Grade 8, 2, 4 and Pre-Pre-Pre-Preschool  :)

I used to live in green, green Vermont.  
And at 18 worked a few jobs in the summer to save up for college.  
I remember that summer before college in great detail.  
It was a time of intensity, discovery, longing.
And I worked all the time.  
Angelina's Pizza (making pizzas, of course)--woefully understaffed.  And The Country Pantry (waitressing).  And a breakfast-lunch cafe in Cambridge that I can't remember the name of (waitressing, busing, washing dishes)---also woefully and at times frighteningly understaffed.
It was a busy summer.
My Dad had rigged me up an old Jetta and I remember with such vivid clarity driving that long stretch of 104 to get home from work---covered with pizza dough flour, young and so excited to get on with my life, and blasting 10,000 Maniacs...singing at the top of my lungs.
That seems like a long, long, lifetime ago. 
But here I am at the end of another summer. 
I live surrounded by mountains again.
I am working lots of jobs (even less than minimum wage!)...possibly a bit understaffed but I'm in love with my clients :).
And I am living the life I want.  
I surely am:  blessed and lucky.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Ash Grove said...

This is beautiful, Sarah!
What a lovely bunch of kiddos. :)

16 September, 2014 13:56  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember that summer, you did work hard!. I also remember washing dishes for the french restaurant that also owned by the bakery and that crazy Frenchman who made me so nervous. He used to speak to me in french thinking I could understand him.:) I could not understand him whether he was speaking english or french. I love all the photos.
Michelle

31 December, 2014 10:53  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home