26 Reasons
I am continually inspired by other blogger's post ideas. So today I'm stealing directly from Jenn's blog to bring you today's (long overdue, because what a great subject!) post.
My husband is so special because:
1. He remembers minute details of things that I would never know because my brain does not retain like that. Civil war dates, composer dates, what movie we saw on our first date, what I said in a heated argument five years ago (ok, so this one doesn't work for me...)...
2. Michael J. Fox looks like him. But my husband is cuter.
3. He is a dedicated father and husband.
4. He can remodel a bathroom and build a beautiful fence from scratch. He does these things even though most pianist wouldn't dare (the power tools, you know).
5. He is a total eclectic even though most people don't see that side of him.
6. He makes a great "chicken yum-yum".
7. He is pro-homeschooling. And even when he'd not-yet-been-convinced he trusted my judgement.
8. He bikes long distances. Like 100 miles at a time.
9. He has GREAT LEGS!
10. He is humble.
11. He gets summers off!
12. He spends his (almost) entire summer vacation visiting my family because he knows it means a lot to me.
13. He cares what is going on in the world and helps keep me abreast (since my kids are NOT interested yet in listening to NPR in the car).
14. He keeps up on the oil changes (where I certainly would not).
15. If I ask for help he tries his best to help.
16. He plays a haunting Janacek.
17. He makes the kids laugh.
18. He loves adventures and we'll get to live abroad in a few years.
19. He brings me flowers.
20. He reads books.
21. He is quietly determined.
22. He knows how to handle stress with grace.
23. He is not a push-over....but lets me push pretty hard.
24. He takes the kids to the library, the aquarium, the dinosaur museum, cabela's, the pool, the ice cream counter and camping in the backyard.
25. He introduced me to a religion that I love.
26. His heart is good.
Add-on: ok, so I am probably the only person that didn't get that Jenn did 37 reasons because it is her husband's birthday. And it is NOT Scott's birthday. And he is NOT 26. So it was all pretty random on my part. But true, nonetheless. Happy-not-26th-birthday my dear.
My husband is so special because:
1. He remembers minute details of things that I would never know because my brain does not retain like that. Civil war dates, composer dates, what movie we saw on our first date, what I said in a heated argument five years ago (ok, so this one doesn't work for me...)...
2. Michael J. Fox looks like him. But my husband is cuter.
3. He is a dedicated father and husband.
4. He can remodel a bathroom and build a beautiful fence from scratch. He does these things even though most pianist wouldn't dare (the power tools, you know).
5. He is a total eclectic even though most people don't see that side of him.
6. He makes a great "chicken yum-yum".
7. He is pro-homeschooling. And even when he'd not-yet-been-convinced he trusted my judgement.
8. He bikes long distances. Like 100 miles at a time.
9. He has GREAT LEGS!
10. He is humble.
11. He gets summers off!
12. He spends his (almost) entire summer vacation visiting my family because he knows it means a lot to me.
13. He cares what is going on in the world and helps keep me abreast (since my kids are NOT interested yet in listening to NPR in the car).
14. He keeps up on the oil changes (where I certainly would not).
15. If I ask for help he tries his best to help.
16. He plays a haunting Janacek.
17. He makes the kids laugh.
18. He loves adventures and we'll get to live abroad in a few years.
19. He brings me flowers.
20. He reads books.
21. He is quietly determined.
22. He knows how to handle stress with grace.
23. He is not a push-over....but lets me push pretty hard.
24. He takes the kids to the library, the aquarium, the dinosaur museum, cabela's, the pool, the ice cream counter and camping in the backyard.
25. He introduced me to a religion that I love.
26. His heart is good.
Add-on: ok, so I am probably the only person that didn't get that Jenn did 37 reasons because it is her husband's birthday. And it is NOT Scott's birthday. And he is NOT 26. So it was all pretty random on my part. But true, nonetheless. Happy-not-26th-birthday my dear.
Labels: Blogroll

1 Comments:
He's a good one, all right! Great post. I'll have to do something similar soon.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home