12 January 2011

Another Day....

...full of learning and observing and driving and music and books and bunnies. 
Seen here in photos:

Asher's word wall.  He's getting more and more fluent in the easy-easy reader category.

Our Nature Study focus this term is birds.  Photo by Asher.

They're getting fur!  Eyes still closed.  The kids and their friends have named them all, of course.

Research for a paper on a nearby tribe.

Working on number formation.

Alphabet books and puzzles for Ethan.

Our poet this term is Emily Dickinson----this is one of my favorites.

Asher at cello group class.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh, I love this post, of course!
Your home school days remind me of ours. Ella did a Native American tribe in the Fall- the Iroquois. We loved the book "If You Lived With the Iroquois."
And birds, of course. . .
Oh, and I so love Emily Dickinson- she is really my favorite! I often have used her poems on my blog.
<3 Wish you lived closer! How often will we say that?

14 January, 2011 11:51  
Blogger Sarah said...

Melanie,

Yes, we also wish that we lived closer. We really treasure your friendship but it would be so lovely to have it year-round in person!

I have noticed lots of Emily Dickinson on your blog. I would have guessed that she is a favorite! We are using the Young People's Guide to Emily Dickinson (I think that's it)....do you have another great collection to recommend?

Also...where do you buy your felting/roving supplies? We have never explored needle felting and I'd love to start.

S

14 January, 2011 13:23  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home