7,000 + Miles Later...
...we're back. And I'm back. Our summer is wrapping itself up. Still another few weeks of having Daddy to ourselves (aka the Fall term doesn't start yet), a few other family visits but this time they're in our own state, thank goodness, a bunch of house projects (him: playhouse, mud the dining room walls where they've cracked, me: organize our learning room, repaint the dining room and make new curtains), lots of homeschool organizing including sending in our affidavit for THE FIRST TIME (it is now going to be official. we have a first grader which in our state means we have to send in a notarized form. what a journey from 4 years ago not being able to find what I though to be fabulous, not to mention acceptable, preschool options...and now we are whole-hog pro-homeschooling).
And I think I'll stick with the blog at least a bit longer. Once our school year actually begins and things get focused and more hectic then I'll re-evaluate why I do this and what I'm getting out of it (and the cons, too, like why it is usually 11pm and I'm still sitting on the computer even though I really just need to go to bed).
So, hello, again blog-world of (maybe?) four readers! There'll be some summer highlight photos coming up and some stories and ponderings about our crazy and stressful, wonderful and horrible trip. Little anecdotes only, don't worry. The trip was so epic and exhausting that I think I'll just do a tiny synopsis and leave it at that. Oddly enough, the best moments happened on our long days in the car....I'm not kidding: our kids are fabulous car-trippers.
And I think I'll stick with the blog at least a bit longer. Once our school year actually begins and things get focused and more hectic then I'll re-evaluate why I do this and what I'm getting out of it (and the cons, too, like why it is usually 11pm and I'm still sitting on the computer even though I really just need to go to bed).
So, hello, again blog-world of (maybe?) four readers! There'll be some summer highlight photos coming up and some stories and ponderings about our crazy and stressful, wonderful and horrible trip. Little anecdotes only, don't worry. The trip was so epic and exhausting that I think I'll just do a tiny synopsis and leave it at that. Oddly enough, the best moments happened on our long days in the car....I'm not kidding: our kids are fabulous car-trippers.
Labels: Blogroll

2 Comments:
Hooray hooray you're HOME!!!!! I'm calling you in a few minutes...
Have you thought about keeping the blog as just a log to record all your home learning accomplishments? You know I am a junky for details and books read. :) I would read it and you might find confidence from seeing all you do in writing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home