Salvete Omnes!
You know what's awesome?
Our kids take Suzuki lessons and part of their "practice" is to listen to the Suzuki book CDs A LOT. The CDs are on fairly constantly in our house---including at night (quietly) while they sleep. It's quite amazing how quickly they pick up on new pieces---all because they've been hearing them over and over again.
I just went into Ella's room to check on her. She'd switched the Suzuki CD out and had put in our Latin CD.
"Corinthus sum. Candidus sum. Servi sumus."
Etc.
I love my daughter.

1 Comments:
I must say, I so love the suzuki method! It is amazing how much they learn by doing so much listening. It just makes plain sense, you know? I remember my (non suzuki) flute lessons as a child- it all seemed so abstract- the rhythms and musicality- I didn't understand so well. Had I been listening, yes it would've made sense.
I love the look of that latin CD. Must investigate. . .
Ya gotta love homeschoolers. . . ;)
Oh Sarah, why do you live way over there?!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home