18 August 2007

Jackpot at the Library Sale!

I think it takes a certain personality to get this excited about a library sale.  But Readers, I hit the mother-load.  That makes thrice this summer.  Thank you, Nina, for getting me started.

library-sale.jpg

All of these were 50 cents or less---my bill for all these treasures?  $10!

Beyond the Heather Hills by Melissa Wiley

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (abridged) by Mark Twain

The Animal Family by Randall Jarrell

Bambi by Felix Salten

Mother West Wind "When" Stories by Thornton W. Burgess

Addie's Forever Friend by Laurie Lawlor

Hob and the Goblins by William Mayne

A Little Maid of Old Philadelphia by Alice Turner Curtis

On the Other Side of the Hill by Roger Lea MacBride

The Wheel on the School by Meindert DeJong

6 Books from Latter-day Daughter Series by Carol Lynch Williams

The Borrowers Afield and The Borrowers Aloft by Mary Norton

Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher

The Milly-Molly-Mandy Storybook by Joyce Lankester Brisley

Little Town at the Crossroads by Maria D. Wilkes

All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor

Treasure Island (abridged) by Robert Louis Stevenson

Josephina Learns a Lesson and Josephina's Surprise (American Girls)

Along Came a Dog by Meindert DeJong

Jane On Her Own (A Catwing's Tale) by Ursula K. Le Guin

Sarah, Also Known as Hannah by Lillian Hammer Ross

Mousekin Finds a Friend by Edna Miller

Kidnapped (abridged) by Robert Louis Stevenson

Paddle-to-the-Sea and Minn of the Mississippi by Holling C. Holling

Wow!  And the amazing thing is that I found A Little Maid of Old Philadelphia which I was about ready to order on Amazon for Wendy's Liberty Girls group that is starting in September.  Jackpot, Oh My!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Becca said...

You got all those at your library????? Incredible. Oh, so jealous! My library has an all the time, pidldy little selection, but I haven't seen a big sale yet. I'll have to keep my eyes open.

18 August, 2007 06:32  
Anonymous Nina said...

I must tell you that I have read this post at least four times and went away with such a sense of envy that I couldn't even figure out how to comment. I am amazed that you found all those at a library sale. Milly Molly Mandy, Paddle to the Sea, Understood Betsy and a Melissa Wiley book. Oh, you are very lucky.

I think that book thrifting provides just what you need when you need it. Glad you found a book you needed right now.

25 August, 2007 11:15  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home