September Snow???!!!?
It has been cold and rainy here for the past few days. But driving home this afternoon from a book group for Wendy (they read Tales of Despereaux as prep, then did a mouse craft, read two fabulous princess picture books---The Princess Knight and and The Mouse Princess (? from Finland)--shared an object brought from home that reminds them of their favorite part of the story and ate soup--read the book to understand this) it started snowing.
What? What did you say, Sarah? It started snowing? But it's still SEPTEMBER!!
Well, yes...it started snowing. And Wendy cried out, "It's snowing! OH! It's snowing! Oh, Mama, can we play in the backyard when we get home?" and John's little face lit up with connection "It's almost Kiss-miss-time!!!!!!"
It'll be a long wait this year...
What? What did you say, Sarah? It started snowing? But it's still SEPTEMBER!!
Well, yes...it started snowing. And Wendy cried out, "It's snowing! OH! It's snowing! Oh, Mama, can we play in the backyard when we get home?" and John's little face lit up with connection "It's almost Kiss-miss-time!!!!!!"
It'll be a long wait this year...
Labels: Blogroll

3 Comments:
Children can make even the cold of snow seem delightful. The book group activities sound so well planned and wonderful. Sometimes I am worried that we will never find such a group in our area. Did Wendy enjoy the Tales of Despereaux? I did but it seemed a bit harsh for a young child.
Oh my gosh, so cute! I always think to myself that it's almost "kiss-miss-time" when it first snows, too. I'm kind of surprised we haven't had a teeny bit of snow here yet, as we've had some really cold nights. Happy (belated) Michaelmas and first snow to you and your 3 sweet ones!!
blessings, Grace
I love snow, but I'm so glad the sun came back out today. I am not ready for winter yet.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home