22 January 2011

End of the Week

A few snapshots from Friday:


While I practiced with Ella, Asher and Ethan were busy making ninja pencils.  It was the excitement of the morning and so got recorded in his daily journal.


Ninjas for all!

Later, while Ella worked on Social Studies, Ethan and I made cookies.  He insists on wearing his apron and doing all the measurements.  And tasting, of course, at every step!

They were yummy.

We've been studying Carl Bloch as our artist this term---we get to take advantage of seeing his paintings in "real life" at our college art museum this spring.  This week we've had Jesus Healing The Sick at Bethesda on display and, thus, have had a few discussions about leprosy.  Today I overheard Ethan saying to a visiting friend as he pulled him toward the painting, "Hey, do you want to see what leprosy looks like?" 

Lucas, we are so glad you adopted us. 

Asher's "ogre house"

Warm enough for fleecy vest and short sleeves but still a skim of ice on the puddles.  I do love that thin ice!  It is so beautiful and feels so good to gently crack beneath your soles.  I remember waiting for the bus at the end of the driveway on West Street---observing and cracking iced puddles.

Ethan painted an ant playing the viola

Asher's robin


Ella's Black-capped chickadee

Asher's particularly interested in birds of prey

And the big excitement (for me!!!) is this:   I've been waiting and waiting for the perfect age/moment to watch Anne of Green Gables---one of the ultimate movies, in my opinion!--with Ella.  And last night was it.  We waited until the boys were asleep and then she got to stay up late and snuggle in our bed with us and watch it.  We only got through the first half so there's more deliciousness to come!  She'd been looking forward to it all week.....and I'd been looking forward to it for 9 1/2 years (and more)!  Even Scott, who is the cynical kind of movie-watcher who will say things like "why are they speaking American English in Russia?" was chuckling and enjoyed the movie, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home